Title

Title

Monday, July 1, 2013

2 weeks to go until FORP (French Oak Roubo Project)

Two more weeks until I join the other members in southern Georgia to construct my new workbench.  Progress is being made on my tool chest.  I have the chisel rack done and installed and also the tool trays are finished.  I have been using the chest as I work to complete it, and I have to say that I really like it so far.  I like its size and I have it sitting on 2 24" tall stools.  So the height is really nice.  I can reach down inside and get what I need without any bending over.  I think once I build a base for the chest, I will really enjoy working out of a chest.  huh....go figure!  haha

Whats left?  I want to put a molding around the base and the dust seal.  I have received my hinges from Horton Brass and they are awesome.  So I need to install those.  I need to decide what to do with the handles and install them as well.  I plan on just wiping on a couple coats of oil and then a couple coats of wax and leave it alone.  I don't want any film finish that I have to repair later.




No comments: